Friday, January 16, 2009

Want Longer Lashes? Here you Go.


Early in my career as an Eye Doctor I began to have an experience that would repeat itself many times over the past ten years. I would break the bad news to a woman that I think she has glaucoma, a disease which can cause blindness but is typically successfully treated with eye drops. Xalatan, Travatan and Lumigan are three very similar drops we use to lower eye pressure and decrease the risk of vision loss for patients with glaucoma. I would put her one of these drops and schedule her to come back for regular visits to make sure that every thing was going well and no vision loss was occurring. At those return visits many of these woman would say, Dr. Jones, this is the best thing that has ever happened to me. You see, one of the side effects of the drops is that eye lashes get longer, thicker and darker while using it, some times dramatically so. They now had the lashes they had dreamed of their whole life without using mascara. My wife has even asked jokingly if she could have some.

Well now she can. Allergan, the maker of Lumigan, received FDA approval on December 28, 2008 for a new drop, Lattise with the same active ingredient as Lumigan. Studies have shown that over a 16 weeks course of using the drop lashes have become significantly longer, thicker and darker. The New York Times recently posted this interesting article on Lattise, its cost and potential side effects.
I just spoke with our local Allergan representative and he told me that they will be launching Lattise in March and we should have samples near that time so if you are interested give us a call.

5 comments:

  1. You did that one better than I did ;)

    Keep up the good work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am extremely interested in Lattise, but live in Alberta, Canada. Do you know if or when it will be available here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try it!!! I live in Spanish Fork and I think I am going to make an appointment to see you, I hope it is not a ridiculous price!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want some of it! I seen it on the news so I looked it up. I live in Spanish fork and I think I am gonna make an app. I hope it is not a ridiculous price though!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love to see you and get you an Rx. Price is alot less then eye lsh extensions but certainly more then mascara. Give us a call.

    ReplyDelete

We would va